Sunday, August 19, 2012

The little things.

Being away from each other is one of the hardest things that's a part of our love and relationship. As I mentioned in our last post, sending each other little things once in a while always helps. But also, when you visit one another doing something special or bringing something special along really helps to reconnect and romance over something.

As I mentioned, "he" has written me letters often, so many times unexpectedly and when he has a surprise brewing I always bug him about it (not the best thing- a little advice there!) Also, when together making meals together, or for each other or buying a special snack you both enjoy. We love Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn (a new favorite), Peanut M&M's, Gummy Bears, and Sour Patch Kids. They clearly don't always have to be the healthiest of food to share with each other. To be honest, I don't care for any of those things much when I'm without him.

We've done so many small, special things for each other whenever we visit. Whether it's as small as helping with laundry, making the bed, doing some chores to ease their burden OR special holidays, bringing breakfast, etc. Below are some photos we've taken of things we've done for each other. Enjoy!




The first photo was a breakfast that I brought from my dining hall in college while he was still asleep with cute little notes on instructions on what to do if he needed help or the "style" of the object. He loved it. He thought it was adorable and I'm pretty sure ate it all. We're a couple that takes care of each other. I worry about him (especially now that he's started med school) about eating all meals, healthily and properly. He, too, worries the same for me. It's important to give your partner that hand it helps calm your nerves about their eating and health but also they appreciate you and the thought.

The second photo is the sweetheart necklace that he gave me two years ago. I'm too spoiled. He gives me little unique items like this all the time. I love this necklace and wear it often that way or if not, I carry it around with me as it's something very special to me.

And finally, the most adorable surprise he's given me. My surprise "belated" Valentine's dinner. As a long-distance couple days/holidays like these are often spent apart. Recreate the day as best as you can for your partner. This is exactly what he did. He had me whisked away to get ready and doll up and when I was done, I went into his bedroom where he had a candlelit table with light jazz playing off of his iTunes (this generation..so cute!) And slowly, he served me our dinner and so special and warm. The thought, the love, and all of my favorite foods. It was one of my best nights with him. I'm so blessed and love him so much.


Try out things like this with your partner. It will help liven things and make things calmer and happier, especially during a stressful and difficult time like in college or grad school. It will make the BOTH of you very happy, relaxed, and relieved. You both deserve it, together. The little things.
 

No comments: